One Of The Most Important Indoor Air Quality Services For Your Home in the D.C. Metro Area Is Duct Cleaning!
F.H. Furr has been Northern Virginia & Maryland’s #1 HVAC service professional for over 30 years, so when we say we know our stuff, you can be sure that we do! At Furr, we live and breathe HVAC, and that includes all aspects of your home’s air flow. We know that more often than not, your air passes through ductwork in your home. While many homeowners think of heating and cooling when we say “HVAC”, they should really consider ductwork as a part of that equation!
Why Have Your Air Ducts Cleaned?
Simply put: because they get dirty!
In addition to normal accumulations of dust and dirt in your ductwork, there are potential factors that can increase the need for an air duct cleaning:
- Pet hair and dander
- Allergens and irritants
- Microbial growth
- Household dust
- Smoke and cooking odors
- Renovations or construction dust
According the the American Lung Association, most people spend 60-90% of their time indoors! This means that the the quality of the air that you’re breathing in your home should be of utmost importance, and a duct cleaning is what’s needed to get your indoor air quality to the level of cleanliness necessary!
How Does Duct Cleaning Work?
F.H. Furr uses NADCA's certified cleaning process with two key components:
- Breaking Contaminants Loose: Properly cleaning HVAC systems requires removing the sources of contamination. Source removal begins with use of one or more agitation devices designed to loosen contaminants from the surface within the duct system.
- Collection of Contaminants: The entire HVAC ductwork system is placed under continuous negative pressure (vacuum) to prevent the spread of contaminants. This allows very fine particles to be removed from the system as they become airborne, ensuring that these particles are not released into the living space when the system is turned on after cleaning.
Why Have F.H. Furr Clean Your Ducts?
Here at F.H. Furr, we never do a job halfway! When you have us perform a duct cleaning in your home, you can be sure that:
- The cleaning specialist uses the highest quality negative air machine with HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Air) filtration.
- Our flat-rate prices are guaranteed and never change from the original quote. There are no hidden charges or fees—ever!
- We’re NADCA (The National Air Duct Cleaners Association) certified.
- We have over 30 years of HVAC cleaning and maintenance experience.
- Our technicians educate you and leave you with the knowledge to conduct your own visual inspection any time you need to!
- Our cleaning allows your ductwork to perform more efficiently, saving you money!
- You’ll get 100% customer satisfaction—guaranteed!
Q&A: NADCA Certified Duct Cleaning
- Q: How often should I get my air ducts cleaned?
- A: Your home’s air ducts should be cleaned at least every five to eight years. Homeowners with children, pets, respiratory issues or a compromised immune system may need to get their ducts cleaned more regularly.
- Q: How long does it take to clean my air ducts?
- A: It is typically a 2-4 hour process. Newer homes, town homes and condos may take less time to clean.
- Q: Will it make a mess in my home?
- A: No! Our technicians are equipped with the highest quality , state-of-the-art duct cleaning equipment. All vacuum devices used in our process utilize HEPA filters. This filtration is rated at 99.97% at .3 microns.
- Q: Will chemicals be used when cleaning my ducts?
- A: No, we do not use any chemicals.
- Q: Do the technicians cut holes in the ductwork?
- A: We typically cut a service opening in the supply air duct and in the return air duct in order to clean effectively. All service opening covers meet or exceed industry standards as defined by NADCA.
At F.H. Furr, your comfort is important to us. Keeping your air ducts clean will protect your family from airborne allergens and harmful debris, and will help keep your HVAC system working at peak efficiency, saving you money each month!