Save Money, Reduce Moisture, & Extend The Life Of Your Roof With A Solar Attic Fan!
Your attic is critical to your home’s comfort. When the heat gets trapped in that space, it can destroy a home’s indoor air quality; that’s why ventilation is critical.
By properly ventilating your attic, you can avoid mold, mildew, and stagnant air. A lack of airflow makes your HVAC unit work twice as hard, costing you more money. One of the ways to generate air in your attic is through solar attic fans. These devices also provide natural light and converts the light into energy. Solar attic fans properly ventilate lofts, storage sheds, garages, barns, workshops, etc.
How Do They Work?
When you have F.H. Furr install a solar attic fan, a trained technician will place it securely into your roof using the best model for your home. The solar panel has three adjustable positions: steep roof, medium roof, and flat/low slope position for your home comfort. Each different position allows for the proper airflow in your home, working safely and efficiently. Your home is one of your most significant investments, so why not treat it that way!
Solar Attic Fans Are An Economically Smart Decision For Your Home:
In this day and age, people are trying to be responsible about conserving energy and being environmentally friendly. Fortunately, F.H. Furr uses products that can save you money and energy while keeping you comfortable, who can say no to that? The benefits of installing a solar attic fan include:
- Extending the life of your roof. Reduces heat buildup under your shingles.
- Reducing the load on your HVAC system. Saves money on your electric bills and helps extend the life of your AC unit.
- Preventing ice damming. When the snow melts it refreezes causing ice buildup that can pull on your gutters, leaving room for water to leak in.
- Reducing moisture buildup in the attic. Too much moisture in your attic causes areas to rust and rot, while damaging your insulation. Moisture reduction protects against the growth of mold and fungus that cause respiratory problems, so you and your family will breathe clean, safe air.
- Increasing fresh air circulation. Allows vaporized steam from everyday activities, like showering and cooking, to escape.
- Providing an eco-friendly home solution. Provides natural light and is energy efficient, saving you money.
- Quiet operation. Motor isolation bracket added to the solar fan ensure a more quiet motor operation.
With our easy installation process, a solar attic fan could be your newest home comfort addition. You can even customize your fan because it comes with features to fit your home. Features like:
- Garage Exhaust Vent. This converts either a roof or curb mounted solar attic fan into a garage ventilation system. It also has the option to add a radiation damper for safety.
- Thermal Switch. When the fan reaches a specific temperature this switch will turnthe fan motor on and off, saving energy and money.
- Remote Solar Panel. Where there is limited sun exposure, this application is installed in a sunny area to capture the maximum amount of sunlight allowing you to get the best out of your solar attic fan.
Solar attic fans are tested, approved, and qualify for solar tax credit! The housing, motor, and solar panel all come with a 25-year warranty, so you’re always protected!
Have F.H. Furr’s technicians come to your home today to give you advice and options on the best systems for your home’s comfort and efficiency. We’re “Absolutely the Best!”