To Get Absolutely The Best Service, Service 7 Days Per Week!

Same Day Service
When Booked Before Noon, Monday - Friday

What You Need to Know About Carbon Monoxide

Carbon Monoxide (CO) is a harmful gas that can kill you quickly. It is called the silent killer because it is colorless, tasteless, and non-irritating.

When it comes to carbon monoxide, most homeowners realize that it can be deadly when inhaled, but many don’t know what signs to look for in their home. Because it’s a silent killer, it is important to safeguard your home and educate your family members on its deadly effects.

1. What are the signs of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning?

Since Carbon Monoxide is colorless and odorless, it is very difficult to know when it is being emitted into the air. The most common symptoms of CO poisoning are headache, dizziness, weakness, upset stomach, vomiting, chest pain, and confusion. If you or a family member experiences several of the following symptoms, you may have CO poisoning. If so, get outside as fast as possible and call 911 immediately.

2. What are sources of CO?

  • Fuel Burning Appliances (wood burning stoves, fireplaces, water heaters, stoves, furnaces)
  • Portable Generators
  • Fuel Powered Tools and Equipment
  • Vehicles

3. How does CO poison the body?

CO poisons the body by preventing the body from getting the oxygen it needs to survive. This lack of oxygen results in the symptoms of CO poisoning.

4. How can I prevent CO poisoning in my home?

  • Install a carbon monoxide detector.
  • Have your HVAC system, water heater, and any other gas, oil, or coal burning appliances serviced and maintained by a professional annually. F.H. Furr’s inspections can cover this.
  • Make sure your gas appliances are vented properly. When having a professional like F.H. Furr inspect your home, you’ll be able to be sure that these areas are covered
  • Avoid using a generator inside your home, basement, or garage or less than 20 feet from any window, door, or vent
  • A running vehicle releases CO in the exhaust. Never idle a vehicle in a garage or other enclosed structure
  • Never use a gas range or oven for warmth
  • Never operate fuel-powered equipment or tools in a garage, basement, or any other enclosed space

For more tips on how to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning, give us call and schedule a technician to inspect your home. Don’t let your family fall victim to CO poisoning. Contact us for assistance today!

Contact Us Fill out the form below and we'll reach out to you soon!


peace-of-mind-logo Is It Time To Repair Or
Call The Guy On The Back Of
The Truck!
Contact Us

Full Width Contact