To Get Absolutely The Best Service, Service 7 Days Per Week!

Same Day Service
When Booked Before Noon, Monday - Friday

3 Things To Know About Carbon Monoxide Poisoning!

3 Things To Know About Carbon Monoxide Poisoning!

When it comes to carbon monoxide, most homeowners realize that it can be deadly when inhaled, but many don’t know what signs to look for in their home. When protecting your family against carbon monoxide poisoning leaks, it’s imperative that you know the facts. So let’s dig a little deeper!

1. What are the signs of carbon monoxide poisoning?

Since carbon monoxide is colorless and odorless, it’s difficult to know when it’s being emitted into the air. That’s scary! So look for the signs. The most common symptoms of CO poisoning are headache, dizziness, weakness, upset stomach, vomiting, chest pain, and confusion. Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning are said to feel very much like a bad flu. Breathing in these fumes can be lethal and especially dangerous at night when sleeping victims don’t wake up to the signs.

2. Is carbon monoxide poisoning dangerous for everyone?

Unfortunately, everyone is at risk when CO poisoning is involved, although infants, the elderly, people with chronic heart disease, anemia, or breathing problems are more likely to be affected. Sadly, each year over 400 Americans die from unintentional CO poisoning.

3. How can I prevent CO poisoning in my home?

This is certainly the most important question to ask. Prevention is the key to safety from carbon monoxide poisoning. Here are some simple ways to keep it OUT of your home!

  • Install a carbon monoxide detector. Like your smoke detectors, you should remember to change the batteries every spring and fall.
  • Have your HVAC system, water heater, and any other gas, oil, or coal-burning appliances serviced and maintained by a professional annually. F.H. Furr’s inspections can cover this.
  • If you smell an odor from your gas refrigerator, have a professional come take a look. Odors like that can be signs of a carbon monoxide leak.
  • Make sure your gas appliances are vented properly. When having a professional like F.H. Furr inspect your home, you’ll be able to be sure that these areas are covered.
  • Never patch a vent pipe with tape, gum, etc. This kind of DIY fix can cause carbon monoxide buildup in your home.
  • Never burn charcoal indoors; it gives off dangerous CO fumes.
  • Avoid using a generator inside your home, basement, or garage or less than 20 feet from any window, door, or vent.

For more tips on how to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning, give us a call and schedule a technician to inspect your home. Your furnace and other equipment could be emitting fumes into your home without you even realizing it! Don’t let it happen to you! Contact us for assistance today!

Contact Us Fill out the form below and we'll reach out to you soon!


peace-of-mind-logo Is It Time To Repair Or
Call The Guy On The Back Of
The Truck!
Contact Us

Full Width Contact