Because we get emergency calls – serious emergencies – from people who had “no idea” of the threat. Yet in almost all the cases, the “pre-disaster” signs were everywhere. At least to a trained plumber. What kinds of emergencies do we see?
Things like soaked ceilings that fall; or bulging walls that spill themselves into living rooms; or uncooperative toilets, blocked drains, flooded basements… you name it, we’ve seen it go from a cheap repair to an expensive nightmare.
- Test your toilets. Could be “dye-testing” for cracks, flusher inspection, or anything that tips us off to a hidden problem. You don’t want a failure here, I promise.
- Inspect faucets for leaks. No need to put up with that water wasting nuisance!
- Check Washing Machine hoses. These are the ones that give homeowners fits since this isn’t a “trickle”… it’s an indoor flood.
- Inspect sink piping and garbage disposal. You spend a lot of time here, so let’s make sure this is working well, and will continue to for a while!
- Test Water pressure. Sometimes it’s a supply problem, sometimes a simple calcium problem with a super-easy cure.
- Check water heater temperature. No need to have either a cold or scalding shower! We can easily adjust it while we’re there.
- Check burner, pilot light/heating element in your water heater. A malfunction here can be inconvenient at best… lethal at worst. Have this checked.
- Check drains. Don’t fall for the expensive “drain rebuild” that some may recommend… we have a method that can speed up your drains almost instantly!
- Inspect exposed water lines. These can get cut, frozen, or develop leaks that can turn into “yard ponds” that do more damage over time. No fun.
- Test and tag emergency shut offs. Just knowing this can help you and your family know what to turn off if a pipe bursts. (This is worth the trip to us… and to you.)
How many people in these emergencies do you think say, “Gosh, I wish I’d known how to prevent this before now?” Almost every one. In fact, most can be avoided with an inspection that alerts you, and gives you peace-of-mind about your home investment.
For more information on plumbing inspections, click to contact us or call at (703) 491-1234. A plumbing inspection in your Arlington, Alexandria or Fairfax home can extend your comfort and could potentially stop a costly disaster.