To Get Absolutely The Best Service,

How the Inflation Reduction Act Can Help You Save With the 25C Tax Credit

How the Inflation Reduction Act Can Help You Save With the 25C Tax Credit

The IRA was created to provide significant investment to reduce the effects of U.S. carbon pollution in light of the climate crisis. Through the IRA, homeowners will receive tax credits and rebates on new HVAC, electrical, and plumbing fixtures. In addition to saving money on your energy bills, you will also receive a tax credit of up to $3,200.

25C Energy Efficient Home Improvement Tax Credit

Homeowners who make energy-saving upgrades to their homes will be eligible for tax credits starting Jan. 1, 2023. The tax credit will apply to upgrades such as heat pumps, energy-efficient doors and windows, solar panels, and heat pump water heaters. 

If you’re interested in updating your home with energy-efficient options, F.H. Furr Plumbing, Heating, Air Conditioning & Electrical can provide you with all the necessary information about available appliance options and installation procedures.

Give F.H. Furr a call at (703) 690-0449.

As an extension of the existing 25C tax credit, homeowners can deduct up to 30% of the cost of certain home improvements, up to a maximum of $3,200 per year. A new appliance installation or home upgrade must meet certain requirements to qualify for the tax credit. 

If you’re considering making energy-saving changes to your home, it’s worth exploring the potential tax benefits that come with the Inflation Reduction Act and the Energy Efficient Home Improvement Tax Credit. The experts at F.H. Furr can help determine which energy-efficient upgrades are right for your home and guide you through the process of qualifying for the tax credit.

Take a look at the chart below to see which energy-efficient appliances and upgrades qualify for the tax credit.

Table with a breakdown of how much money homeowners can save based on which HVAC system they own.

In addition to equipment, installation, and labor costs, the 25C tax credits do not offer upfront savings. When you file your taxes, they are factored into your tax credit amount. 

The professionals at F.H. Furr Plumbing, Heating, Air Conditioning & Electrical will provide the documentation you need to claim the tax credits when the time comes.

Contact us at (703) 690-0449.

You should also keep in mind that certain improvements must meet applicable Consortium For Energy Efficiency and ENERGY STAR® requirements to be eligible for factoring into your tax credit amount.

Who Is Eligible for the 25C Tax Credit?

Good news — all Virginia, DC, and Maryland homeowners are eligible for the Energy Efficient Home Improvement Tax Credit. After Jan. 1, 2023, you can apply the tax credits to new qualifying equipment you install or upgrades you make.

Keep in mind that there is an annual cap of $1200 per household per year (not including heat pumps, which cap at $2000) and a total cap of $3200. Now is the perfect time to make improvements or upgrades to your home to improve its energy efficiency and save on your energy bills!  

Contact the professionals at F.H. Furr Plumbing, Heating, Air Conditioning & Electrical at (703) 690-0449 for expert help and guidance on products and installation.

Use the 25C Tax Credit Annually

 With generous annual limits, the Energy Efficient Home Improvement 25C tax credit resets each year. The credit can be claimed again and again through 2032 if you have additional home improvement projects that qualify.

Claiming Your Tax Credits

 After you have completed the installation of your qualified energy property with F.H. Furr Plumbing, Heating, Air Conditioning & Electrical, we will provide you with documentation on your new qualified energy-efficient upgrades to claim your tax credits. 

Give us a call at (703) 690-0449.

Residential Clean Energy Credit

With the Residential Clean Energy Credit, homeowners who install solar panels can claim a 30% tax credit on their taxes for the total cost of their energy-efficient property. You may also qualify for this credit if you install certain types of residential battery storage.

Starting in the year you complete the solar or battery installation, it is valid for 10 years. If you’ve been considering going this energy-saving route and want to save both money on your electric bill and taxes, now is the time! 

Contact the professionals at F.H. Furr at (703) 690-0449 to find out more about the installation procedure.

A Greener & Cleaner Future for Us All

The Inflation Reduction Act was passed to reduce the environmental impact of overreliance on fossil fuels, reduce energy bills, and promote the use of cleaner and more efficient energy sources. To further reduce their expenses, homeowners can take advantage of tax credits and cash-back rebate incentives when they invest in energy-efficient appliances and electrical upgrades.

Consider investing in energy-efficient upgrades and appliances today if you’re looking for ways to reduce your energy bills. 

Call F.H. Furr Plumbing, Heating, Air Conditioning & Electrical at (703) 690-0449 to learn more about how we can help you take advantage of these exciting opportunities.

Get Started Today & Save on Your Taxes

We realize that understanding how these types of appliances and upgrades work can be overwhelming. That’s why the trusted experts at F.H. Furr are here to help answer any questions you may have about the Inflation Reduction Act incentives and will provide all the information you need to receive the tax credits or rebates you qualify for. 

Whether you want to know more about the benefits of energy-efficient upgrades, from heat pumps and electrical upgrades to energy-efficient plumbing, or which options are best suited for your home, we are happy to assist. 

Contact us at (703) 690-0449 today to make an appointment or ask questions about how you can take advantage of the Inflation Reduction Act.

Contact us to take advantage of the $369 billion Inflation Reduction Act

Contact Us Fill out the form below and we'll reach out to you soon!


peace-of-mind-logo Is It Time To Repair Or
Call The Guy On The Back Of
The Truck!
Contact Us

Full Width Contact