How To Prepare Your HVAC Unit for Summer in Delaware
One of the most important parts of home maintenance is ensuring your HVAC system is ready for the season ahead. The last thing you want is for your air conditioner to go out on the hottest day of the year.
As we head into the hottest part of summer, take some time to prepare your cooling system with these tips.
Preparing Your HVAC for Summer
There are several things you can do yourself that will get your cooling system primed for the warmer days ahead:
- Change your air filters: These should be replaced every 30 to 60 days to ensure optimal system performance.
- Clean the area around your condenser: Remove sticks and debris around your outdoor unit and trim shrubs or trees that may crowd it.
- Check your vents: Vacuum any accumulated dust from your vents and ensure they’re open to allow air to flow throughout your home.
- Check your thermostat: Now is a great time to change the battery in your thermostat and update any programmed settings.
- Schedule HVAC maintenance: A professional technician can further clean and assess your cooling system to ensure everything works properly.
Benefits of Scheduling AC Maintenance
Routine air conditioning maintenance is recommended before the start of the cooling season to confirm your system is working as it should. When you schedule a professional tune-up and inspection, you’ll enjoy:
- Maximized system life span
- Efficient operation for lower energy bills
- Keeping the unit’s warranty valid
- Prevention of costly breakdowns
What To Expect During HVAC Maintenance
When you schedule HVAC maintenance, you can expect your technician to complete these tasks:
- Check the refrigerant level and pressure
- Inspect and clean the condenser coils and evaporator coils
- Assess and tighten all electrical connections
- Recalibrate your thermostat
- Check your condensate drain
- Test the blower motor amp draw
- Check the blower wheel for balance
- And more
Schedule HVAC Maintenance With F.H. Furr
F.H. Furr is your go-to for heating, cooling, plumbing, and electrical. We’re proud to have served Delmarva since 1936 with trained, experienced technicians who go above and beyond.
Our team will ensure your HVAC is dependable all summer with our comprehensive air conditioning services.