The short answer? YES!
Your heating system accumulates dust and dirt all year long which can make it much less efficient casuing your utility bills to rise. Without regular inspections and any necessary maintenance, your furnace is just waiting for the worst moment to break down!
It’s important to us to make sure that doesn’t happen!
Our technician will cover quite a few things during the inspection:
- Visually inspect capacitors for leakage and rust
- Inspect readily accessible ducts for obvious air leaks
- Complete operations sequence check
- Check crankcase heater for proper maintenance
- Inspection of air filtration system
- Inspect blower wheel
- Inspect blower and motor and record AMP draw (lubricate as needed)
- Replacement of filter provided by customer while on site at time of inspection
- Inspect unit wiring and electrical disconnect
- Check and calibrate thermostat as required
- Inspect gas lines and connections at furnace/boiler for leaks
- Check high limit control (adjust as needed)
- Inspect burner ignition system and assembly
- Inspect gas burners
- Check and adjust manifold gas pressure
- Check temperature rise across heat exchanger for overheating
- Inspect heat exchanger for sooting, corrosion, cracks and deformities
- Inspect gas valve for corrosion, leaks, restriction of gas flow and abnormal noise
- Inspect furnace/boiler wiring assembly for loose connections
- Inspect flue and venting for obstructions and leaks
- Check (1) electrical circuit to furnace/boiler. Test all electrical/safety circuits/controls for proper operation
- Inspect entire furnace/boiler for loose or worn parts and abnormal vibrations
- Test and adjust the unit for peak operating efficiency
- Check carbon monoxide emission level or pass/fail
- Check defrost cycle and reversing valve operation (heat pumps only)
- Tighten screw lug terminals in condensing unit (heat pumps only)
- Check refrigerant level (heat pumps only)
- Check emergency heat systems for proper operation (heat pumps only)
Our Home Comfort 28 Point Heating Inspection ensures that your equipment is operating safely! Preventive maintenance also saves you money by ensuring maximum efficiency and minimal costly breakdowns.
One of the most important things is that with regular inspections - your warranty is PROTECTED!