Winter Sports Kept Us Busy!
As you’ve heard by now, F.H. Furr is proud to partner with Stone Bridge High School in Loudoun County and work with McLean High School in Fairfax County. Not only have we made educational contributions, but our F.H. Furr Cares team also heads out to the schools to attend some of the events and spread the good word about F.H. Furr!
What a busy winter we had when it came to these schools and their sports! While the students were hoping for snow days that didn’t come, they were also in the gym practicing hard and getting ready for a season full of great match-ups!
Here are a few highlights of their seasons!
- While the Stone Bridge boys’ basketball team ended their season with an 11-15 record and the girls ended theirs with an 11-11 record, their wins were great! Some were by quite a few points, and some were nail-biter games that they pulled ahead at the last minute!
- Both the McLean boys’ and girls’ basketball teams had great seasons! The girls’ squad had a winning 13-12 season!
- McLean’s Gymnastics Team is State Champions! This is their 2nd state title in the past three years! Way to go, ladies!
- Two members of Stone Bridge’s swim team went to states and WON their events!
- Stone Bridge has a Virginia State 5A State Champion in wrestling!
And those are just a few of the highlights of the great seasons the schools had over the winter season!
Take a look at a few pictures from these events!