Take Me Out To A (Little League) Ballgame
Cracker Jacks, Pretzels, Coke, and the warmth of the sun on your face are things that come to mind when thinking about America’s favorite past-time: Baseball. This, paired with little kids running around instead of professional baseball players, makes it even better. F.H. Furr proudly sponsors multiple teams in Northern Virginia.
- Greater Manassas Baseball League (GMBL): Their goal through playing baseball is to build confidence, citizenship, and positive character in our youth. The league is located in Manassas on the corner of 28 and Godwin Drive. We sponsor multiple teams within the league. We want everyone to be able to participate in their favorite sport, so we also donated a $500 scholarship, so all kids have the opportunity to play.
- Gainesville Haymarket Baseball League (GHBL): The Little League instills 4 core pillars in their players, Keep it Simple (Simplicity empowers the message), Explain the Why (Purpose drives the human spirit), Celebrate the Individual (Fuel their willpower to succeed) and Have Fun (Joy shatters the limits of what we can achieve – the game is supposed to be fun).
- Fairfax Little League: Located in Fairfax, VA, and Burke, VA, the FXLL is continually growing and offers a variety of baseball camps. Additionally, the teams have the opportunity of being able to play at 4 different baseball fields!
- South County Little League: Come out to a game to support and cheer on the little baseball stars in Lorton, Virginia.
- Vienna Little League: Centered in Vienna, VA, F.H. Furr supports multiple teams. We also had the great opportunity to donate 175 bags to the teams, so the players could carry their baseball gear without any trouble.
Little League has been a great opportunity to get involved and reach out to the community. We also sponsor other organizations, including swim teams and soccer teams. When you’re out at a game and spot a banner, take a picture with it and post it on social media with the hashtag #fhfurrcares!
F.H. Furr has been giving back to the community for over 35 years. Through the plumbing, heating, air conditioning, and electrical services, they give back over 10% of all profits back to the community.