Plumbing - not a topic most sit around and talk about, but this modern convenience is something that is hard to live without. We often take our indoor plumbing for granted until our toilet is clogged or sink is leaking. When this happens it stops us in our tracks thinking, “Now what?”, “How much is this going to cost?”, “I don’t have time for a repair!”.
Don’t worry! Avoiding a plumbing crisis can be easier than you might think!
Mark your calendar for an annual Plumbing Inspection. An inspection ensures your equipment is operating safely and saves money by maximizing efficiency and minimizing costly breakdowns. This will save yourself the headache of taking time off work, being without a sink and/or toilet and possibly hundreds of dollars!
Here at F.H. Furr, we know first hand how devastating a plumbing disaster can be. Our Plumbing inspections are thorough and efficient, making sure your plumbing system is in tip-top shape. Inspections include:
- Dye Testing of All Toilets: The purpose of this test is to determine if your toilet has a money wasting leak. A large leak could waste hundreds of gallons of water each day and add several hundred dollars to your annual water and sewer bill. If you are on a septic tank, the same leak could be even more expensive.
- Check All Exposed Hot & Cold Water Supply Lines: Supply lines can deteriorate and even rupture. Deteriorated lines can usually be detected and replaced before a serious leak or damage occurs.
- Check All Sink Piping: Corroded or deteriorated traps can be detected and replaced before they cause problems.
- Check All Fixture Drains: Fixture drains that are not “free-running” are likely to become completely plugged.
- Check All Washing Machine Hoses: Hoses deteriorate and can rupture and cause damage with age.
- Check All Outside Faucets For Leaks: Leaks that go un-repaired will waste money and the absence of vacuum breakers can be hazardous.
- Check All Emergency Water Shut Offs for Proper Operation and Tag All Emergency Shut Offs: Non-working emergency shut offs are of no use and can fail when used, causing much bigger problems.
If you think your plumbing could benefit from an inspection or you want the peace of mind knowing that your pipes are in good working condition. Don’t hesitate to reach out, we would love to help!