Everything You Need To Know About Duct Cleanings
In order to prevent unhealthy air from circulation throughout your home, a duct cleaning is your next move for healthy, breathable air!
You don’t have to know all about HVAC to recognize the importance of your home’s air quality. If you suffer from allergies, asthma, or illness, you might have poor indoor air quality! For those of you who can’t stand that musty, choking feeling, let us educate you on one of the prime culprits of poor indoor air: your air ducts! Yes, the ducts that circulate hot and cool air in your home can cause all sorts of breathing problems. Read on to find out how a duct cleaning from F.H. Furr could turn your indoor air from nay to YAY!
So, How Does Duct Cleaning Work?
F.H. Furr uses NADCA’s certified cleaning process with two key components:
- Break Contaminants Loose: Properly cleaning HVAC systems requires removing the sources of contamination. Source removal begins with using one or more agitation devices designed to loosen contaminants from the surface within the duct system.
- Collect Contaminants: The entire HVAC ductwork system is under continuous negative pressure (vacuum) to prevent the spread of contaminants. This allows very fine particles to be removed from the system as they become airborne, ensuring that they are not released into the living space when the system is turned on after the cleaning.
What Can I Do Between Cleanings?
- Change your filters every three months; if your filters seem to get dirtier quicker, you may want to change them more frequently.
- Dust and vacuum regularly.
- When undergoing any construction that produces dust and debris, seal off the registers, and do not operate your HVAC system until after the dust and debris are gone.
At F.H. Furr, your safety and comfort are important to us. Keeping your air ducts clean will protect your family from airborne allergens and harmful pollutants and will help keep your HVAC system working at peak efficiency, saving you money each month! Schedule a duct cleaning with one of our expert Indoor Air Quality technicians today!