Alright, let’s talk a little bit about the basement. Basements are the location of every "jumpy scene" in horror movies, but in real life they are often just an average part of your home. Some basements are typical man caves, complete with plasma screens and pool tables. They can even be the main storage area for of the things you aren't sure if you should throw out or hold onto. Often times, basements are an extended living space, bedrooms, kitchenettes, the works. So what do all of these different types of basements have in common? A need for a sump pump!
Ignore that first thought that says, “I already have a primary sump pump!” Ah, yes, but we're talking about battery backup pumps. What would happen if your basement flooded, rendering the primary sump pump useless due to a power outage? Not only are you looking at a heck of an inconvenience, but you're also dealing with flood damages that can ruin your possessions and cause flooding and a weakening of your home's foundations. So where does the battery backup pump come in? Think of this little miracle as being your primary sump pump…only better. This improved device contains a battery, as well as a secondary sump pump, which means if your power cuts out, you're still protected. We know...you want to hear more!
When it comes to choosing what type of battery you want, you have two options:
- Deep cycle marine batteries. These require more maintenance, as you will need to continue adding water.
- AGM batteries: Last about 50% longer, don’t require water, and have a lifespan of about 6 years before replacement is needed!
- Power outages that typically occur during heavy rains
- Tripped circuit breakers
- Failure to operate because of rust, age, damage, etc.
- Pump motor failure
Benefits of Installing a Battery Backup Sump Pump
- Keep your family safe from flooding
- Protect your home from flood damages
- Help avoid potential damages to your belongings
- Preserve the integrity of your home’s foundation
- Prevent dampness from settling, causing mold
- Give you peace of mind and assurance that your home is always protected
So whether you're planning a big event in the "man cave" this weekend, or simply storing your life's belongings there, your basement should never be without its backup sump pump! Give us a call to find out more about our plumbing services, or have us send a plumber to your home for free*! Protect your family, belongings, and your home from flooding simply by being prepared!