If you have some old PVC pipes lying around the garage, don’t throw them away! There are a few DIY projects that you can do to turn those plain boring pipes into something useful around the home.1. Shoe Rack! Who doesn’t need one of these? If you have flats, sandals, kids shoes, and sneakers that always seem to pile up around the door, grab some of the larger PVC pipes, industrial glue, and decorative wall paper. Wrap the wall paper around the pipes to give it a modern, new feel, glue them how you want and next thing you know, you have a new shoe rack to put the piles of shoes in.
2. Ladies! Do you have tons of washi tape or ribbon cluttering up a drawer? You will need thin round PVC pipe for this project. Create racks and slide the ribbon, washi tape or other items you may have and start lining them up. That way you can see what you have and it will stay organized.
3. Men! Tidy up your work shed or garage with odds and ends of your leftover PVC pipes. Screw a piece at the top of a flat board against an empty wall and one piece of pipe at the bottom. Now you have a place to put shovels, rakes, hoes, etc neatly and easily accessible.
4. Now this one will take a bit more pieces but if you got them, this will be worth making. You can make a drying rack for towels, bathing suits, clothes, and toys after a day of playing in the water. That way you can keep your hardwood floors and carpets nice and dry.
5. Declutter your workspace. This DIY only requires pieces and they don’t have to be all the same size. Glue the pieces together so they lay on the desk evenly, paint if desired, and then you can put scissors, pens, sharpies, paperclips, erasers, and whatever else into the slots where it will stay organized and decluttered.
6. Create a garden hose holder! Attach small PVC pipes together creating a rack, that will stand up and if you are feeling fancy you can even attach two wheels for easier use. That way your hose is off the ground and accessible next time you are ready to use it.