The Importance of Spring HVAC Maintenance!
Summer! Just the word brings feelings of freedom, relaxation and excitement! Although some of us remain busy during these warm months, most are able to escape for a while on a vacation that we’ve anticipated since the last one ended. As you sit at your desk with visions of palm trees, swimsuits and beaches dancing in your head, something sinister may be at work back at your home! During the year, as you are working toward your summer vacation, your A/C unit is working too. Unfortunately, if you’ve neglected to have maintenance performed on your unit, it’s been working overtime collecting dust and dirt. This makes it less efficient and costs you more money in utility bills. Not only that, but there’s a greater chance of a system breakdown, which could cost you hundreds! If you find yourself in a predicament with a broken air handler, chances are, that vacation money you’ve been hoarding is going to go straight into a new unit. If that thought scares you, it might be time to get your system maintenance and inspection before disaster strikes!
“So what are the benefits of maintaining my air conditioning equipment?” This may be a question on most people’s minds, especially as they’re trying to be smart with their money. As it turns out, the benefits far outweigh the cost of maintenance:
- You’ll have fewer breakdowns. 90% of breakdowns can be avoided with regular maintenance.
- The longevity of your equipment will increase significantly, allowing you to save big on your utility bills!
- Maintenance improves the efficiency of your unit.
- Maintaining your system can protect you from the potential danger of carbon monoxide leaks.
- Improves your indoor air quality.
- You’ll have peace of mind knowing that your system is working when you need it and in the way that it’s supposed to!
- By maintaining your system, you’re staying within the stipulations of your warranty, equipping yourself with the protection that your warranty provides.
- We provide documentation of your tune-up, so you can always keep track of when your system received its maintenance.
It’s a good idea to keep your system clean in between professional tune-ups. This is something that you can do on your own to keep up with your system and have it running smoothly!
With your vacation so close, and the energy costs rising, maintenance could mean the difference between a relaxing vacation with Mickey Mouse in Orlando or Bob over in Accounting. It’s your choice, but we have a feeling you deserve a real vacation. When you take care of your equipment, you’re protecting your finances by looking ahead and taking preventative measures. Let F.H. Furr help your family get on vacation spot! Call us to have an experienced professional come out and perform a 21-point air conditioning comfort inspection on your system. Don’t let your A/C steal your vacation!