Comfort, Safety, Savings – now that’s something you can warm up to.
During the year, your heating system accumulates dust and dirt, making it less efficient and costing you additional money in utility bills. Add on lack of regular furnace inspection and maintenance, and you can count on your furnace breaking down before you can say,“Winter is here!”
It’s important to us to make sure that doesn’t happen!
Industry experts are forecasting that energy prices are going to skyrocket in the months ahead. Electric and gas rates have already risen this year and are expected to continue to rise in the future. An inspection and cleaning helps your furnace run more efficiently and use less energy…saving you money. It’s the best thing you can do to guarantee a warm, worry-free, energy-efficient home through the last few weeks of Winter and into the Spring season!
Here’s what will happen:
Your F.H.Furr service technician will perform a complete Home Comfort 28 Point Furnace Inspection / Heating Inspection of your furnace or heating system that will take about one half hour to one hour to complete.
Your Heating / Gas Furnace Comfort Inspection:
- Visually inspect capacitors for leakage and rust
- Inspect readily accessible ducts for obvious air leaks
- Complete operations sequence check
- Check crankcase heater for proper maintenance
- Inspection of air filtration system
- Inspect blower wheel
- Inspect blower and motor and record AMP draw (lubricate as needed)
- Replacement of filter provided by customer while on site at time of inspection
- Inspect unit wiring and electrical disconnect
- Check and calibrate thermostat as required
- Inspect gas lines and connections at furnace/boiler for leaks
- Check high limit control (adjust as needed)
- Inspect burner ignition system and assembly
- Inspect gas burners
- Check and adjust manifold gas pressure
- Check temperature rise across heat exchanger for overheating
- Inspect heat exchanger for sooting, corrosion, cracks and deformities
- Inspect gas valve for corrosion, leaks, restriction of gas flow and abnormal noise
- Inspect furnace/boiler wiring assembly for loose connections
- Inspect flue and venting for obstructions and leaks
- Check (1) electrical circuit to furnace/boiler. Test all electrical/safety circuits/controls for proper operation
- Inspect entire furnace/boiler for loose or worn parts and abnormal vibrations
- Test and adjust the unit for peak operating efficiency
- Check carbon monoxide emission level or pass/fail
- Check defrost cycle and reversing valve operation (heat pumps only)
- Tighten screw lug terminals in condensing unit (heat pumps only)
- Check refrigerant level (heat pumps only)
- Check emergency heat systems for proper operation (heat pumps only)
A Home Comfort 28 PointHeating Inspection ensures your equipment is operating safely and not leaking dangerous carbon monoxide into your home. Preventive maintenance also saves money by maximizing efficiency and minimizing costly breakdowns. Plus, when you maintain your system, you're warranty is protected!