Do You Have Peace Of Mind On How Reliable Your Home's Electrical System Is When You Need It The Most?
F.H. Furr is known for our plumbing inspections, heating inspections & AC inspections, and we perform them so that you can get the most out of your home’s systems. With your Electrical Safety and Reliability Inspection, we strive to identify any dangerous wiring, or potential fire hazards in your home.
Electrical Safety and Reliability Inspections Help To:
- Ensure the safe operation of electrical components in your home
- Identify common electrical mistakes made by other contractors or previous DIY homeowners
- Identify outdated or degraded wiring
- Identify oversized fuses or breakers that could become fire hazards
- Reduce energy costs
- Help keep insurance and warranty requirements
- Increase your home’s value
Some of the things our Inspections cover include:
- Light switch and wall outlet operation and condition
- Light bulb wattage verification
- Verify properly operating arc fault circuit interrupters (AFCIs)
- Identify shock or electrocution hazards
- Identify any exposed wiring
- Check for operation of all safety and security lighting
- Validate proper surge protection
- Confirm grounding systems
- Verifying all smoke detector placement
- Testing of smoke detectors
- Testing of carbon monoxide detectors
- Outdoor electrical system examination
- Electrical panel operation, amps and label inspection
- Inspection of wiring to the meter
- Inspecting main disconnect
Why Does Your Home Need Electrical Maintenance?
Electrical maintenance will prevent problems before they occur, boosting the performance of your electrical system while also protecting your home and your family. Keeping up with your home’s electrical maintenance needs will ensure your electrical system is in good condition, also improving the value and comfort of your home. Your F.H. Furr electrician in Fairfax County can help you with electrical maintenance, electrical repairs, and electrical upgrades to meet all your home’s needs.
Areas Where Electrical Maintenance Is Needed
Your home’s electrical system is made up of a number of components, each of which should be checked and maintained regularly for safety and optimal performance. Switches and outlets are the most visible and common of the areas needing electrical maintenance. Your home’s lighting system and circuit breaker should also be regularly inspected for damage or wear. If your home incorporates a surge protector to prevent power surges that may damage your appliances or electronics, this unit should be inspected and maintained regularly as well. Whole Home Standby Generators AKA External power generators that provide power in the event of a storm or other power interruption must be maintained so they are ready to begin working at any time.
Major Benefits of Electrical Maintenance
If your home’s electrical system seems fine, you may wonder why you need electrical maintenance from a professional electrician in Northern Virginia. Electrical maintenance is part of your home’s overall preventive maintenance plan, which aims to prevent problems before they arise. Electrical problems can cause inconvenience, discomfort, and even pose a risk to your family’s safety. Rather than having to schedule electrical repair when it might be inconvenient for you, calling your electrician for electrical maintenance when your schedule allows for it is much easier and less costly. Regular maintenance will also keep all your home’s electrical systems functioning at peak capacity, keeping your utility bills low and prolonging the lifetime of each component.You can find out more about your home’s electrical maintenance needs in Montgomery, Fairfax Counties or surrounding areas when you call F.H. Furr or fill out our web contact form today.